Tuesday, 30 November 2010

December 1


It is a great shame,
that in this street no one knows my name.
I can hear children playing in the snow,
here in side, I'm making gingerbread dough.

In the evenings I like to drink a glass of cherry.
You see, it makes me gay and merry!
That, in my old age I need,
so very much indeed.

The postman calls me old Mrs Cat.
Take it back! I shout, silly man in that stupid hat!
Now to be honest I am felling quite rotten,
when my own name I have completely forgotten...

December 1

This is how it works; every day we open up the doors to todays house. And you tell us what he or she is planning to give to her/ his partner or friend or relative ( from the Isak shop ) for Christmas and why. You can even throw in a little christmas rhyme if you like!

Send us an e-mail or post a comment here on the blog - or simply buy something in the shop, and you will take part in todays draw. A box of Isak goodies is leaving the house to find a new home every day until Christmas!

8 comments:

Maya: said...

In many years I have dreamt
In many years I have hoped
That the postman would see me
Not for Old Mrs Cat
but for a potentional Mrs Postman to be!
Therefore I give him "Fika cups",
maybe he invite me for a cup of tea...

Lovely calendar!
Maya

ISAK said...

Hey Maya!
That's fantastic! Email us your address!
X

Carolina said...

There was an old lady who swallowed a postman,
I don't know why she swallowed a postman - perhaps she didn't like his hat!

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat -
How absurd to swallow a cat. I really don't know why she swallowed a cat.

There was an old lady who swallowed a blue bird mug from Isak.
I don't know why she swallowed the blue bird mug from Isak - perhaps it was a present for the cat!

Ohhhh, no!!!. Know I now!!!

She swallowed the blue bird mug from Isak to catch the cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the postman.
She swallowed the postman -her good old friend- because she didn't fancy to celebrate Christmas alone.

And what´s his Christmas present? Of course, a blue bird mug from Isak.

xxx
Happy Advent!!!
Carolina

ISAK said...

Carolina! We love that! Thank you! Email us your address!

Johki said...

Mrs. Cat loves to hear children playing in the snow
even though she never had children of her own
She’s planning to invite them to enjoy few Xmas gingerbreads
and to give them lovely turquoise penguin blankets
-to keep those cute little kids warm over chilly winter
Then they will know her name from that moment on
and she is not feeling so lonely anymore.

Lou @ Little Green Shed said...

Old Mrs Cat, wishes she had a hat
Wishes the postman would stop for a chat
But not when its snowing because he will be moaning
So to cheer him up
She will write him note
To say how much she dotes
On such hat
Now fancy that,
Where did she put her Isak apple notes?


Wonderful idea...
Lou xx
taloullah@hotmail.com

ISAK said...

Lou and Johki - fabulous! Send us your postal addresses!
X
Isak

Lou @ Little Green Shed said...

Hi

Whooopeeee! Thank you so much, I love your work.

I can't seem to find where to email, so I'll just put it here:

Lou Archell
77 Pearl St
Bedminster
Bristol
BS3 3DL

thank you so much, Christmas has come early!
Lou x